Good morning world! I present to you, my absolute favorite cookie of all time – palmiers / butterfly cookies / elephant ears – whatever you like to call them. They are just so cute and delicate. Now if you know me, you know that I always try to make things from scratch as much as possible. But for this one, I really had to cheat with the help of pre-made puff pastry sheets. I tried to make it once, which took 4 hours, and failed. Maybe I’ll muster up the patience to try again next time. For now, this technique will do and it couldn’t be any easier. Here’s to flaky, buttery, sugary goodness 😍
Puff Pastry Sheet
(optional: melted butter)
1. Thaw your puff pastry sheet for 30~40mins.
2. Combine sugar and cinnamon.
3. Evenly spread mixture onto sheet. Roll half of sheet in to middle, and same for the other side. Cut into 1in pieces. (Brush butter on top of cookie).
Bake: 400F, Time: 15mins
– If it is difficult to cut with knife, put dough into freezer for 5~10mins to firm up a little bit.
– Pinch the bottom end to create more of a heart shape.
– Be generous with the sugar, cinnamon measurements; it should not be a thin layer.