Savory, Mexican-inspired, crepe quesadilla? A quick, light, and very filling meal.
Ingredients – Crepe
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
dash of salt
1 1/2 tsp (canola) oil
Ingredients – “Fillings”
(shredded mozzarella) cheese
- Crepe: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside in refrigerator for at least 1 hr.
- Crepe: Brush oil on a pan. Pour ~1/3 cup (or less) of batter in the pan. Tilt pan in a circular motion to shape crepe to be the area of the pan’s base. Flip crepe over when its sides begin to peel away from pan. Cook until the other side begins to brown
- Filling: Whisk egg(s) and stir in cheese. In an oiled pan under medium heat, cook egg(s) and cheese. If using frozen beans (and corn), cook beans for a few minutes.
- Filling: If using canned beans (and corn), rinse and drain. Slice tomatoes and mash avocados. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on avocado.
- Place all filling ingredients on crepe, fold crepe in half, and serve immediately!
Makes 8 crepes.