One of the classical favorites at street fairs. I’ve actually tried this once last summer at the New Jersey street fair. And this recipe was my first time personally frying anything. I would say this was a success! Most fried Oreo recipes call for a boxed pancake mix, but you can make it yourself. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare homemade pancake mix! Homemade > Packaged, always. Also, even if you may not be a fan of fried food, you cannot go wrong with Oreos. Give this a try 🙂
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
dash of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
- Pancake mix: Mix flour, milk, egg, salt, powder, and sugar together. Set aside for at least 10 mins.
- Add enough oil in a pot to fry Oreos. Wait for oil to heat up.
- Fry Oreo: Coat Oreo in pancake mix. Place Oreo in oil. Once the batter puffs and browns in the oil (on one side, flip Oreo to the other side. Wait for the other side to puff and brown too and), scoop fried Oreo out of the pot and place on a towel to absorb excess oil.
Total Time: ~26 mins
– Do not “over-mix” batter; batter should have lumps.
– “Enough oil” means that the height of the oil in the pot should be the same height as the Oreo.
– Set pot of oil under high heat. Once the oil is heated, lower to medium. Serve immediately!
Because there will be extra pancake mix and Oreos, store in refrigerator and pantry, respectively. Make fried Oreos at any time!