Okay, so I have a heck load of leftover crust that I made last month from two different recipes. I finished one of the crusts, but the other still remains…it has been sitting in my freezer, and I’m desperate to finish it. I found this simple tart to bake and I’m super delighted with the results. Although I am indeed a walnut hater, this tart will not disappoint. (I’m slowly trying to get in the hang of eating walnuts, because its full of nutrients, by at least adding them to some of my baked goods 😦 )You won’t even be able to tell if it’s a horrid walnut or a yummy pecan. Mostly because I made sure to add enough honey to possibly cover the walnut-y taste 😉 This is a time when I actually wish I had my mini muffin pan with me. I feel like mini tarts give off some sort of delicate appeal. But the desired pan is miles away, back at home. This size will do for now though.
1 tbsp (canola) oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp honey
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla
~1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or any nut(s))
- Have crust ready (defrost crust, or make crust…)
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients together, except for the walnuts. Then, mix in the walnuts.
- Place paper liners into a (mini) muffin tin (optional). Portion crust and shape them into the muffin liners / pan. Pour mixture on top of the crust layer.
350F, bake for 30 mins, 6-8 tarts (“normal size”).
– The mixture does “puff up,” so do not have to fill the tart(let)s all the way to the top.
– Time may vary depending on how big or small your tarts are.