2 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
dash of vanilla paste
dash of salt
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 handful blueberries
1. Combine dry ingredients, including vanilla paste. Whisk in the egg, then stir in the oil, juice, and berries.
Microwave: 55 secs
– Instead of using 2 tbsp rice flour + 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, use 3 tbsp all purpose flour.
– Chia seeds can be substituted with 1/4 tsp baking powder.
– For oil, can use coconut or canola oil as well!
– Other flavors? Vanilla is not necessary. Use jam instead of blueberries and put in 1 less tbsp of sugar, or sprinkle some cinnamon.
– An egg can be substituted with 1 tbsp milk
When the sides of the cake has pulled away from the mug, it’s set! Microwaving time can range from 50~90 secs.
Have fun with this one! (And please top it off with cream/custard on top for me…)
It has honestly been a while since I last been experimenting in the kitchen. But look forward to my February round-up of ‘what I ate’ and I also have a meringue recipe to share (…in June, when I’m reunited with my equipment). I’m graduating university in May!
(Update: I’ve also tweaked this recipe to make a chocolate berry flavor, using grapefruit juice! This base recipe is really fool-proof and works wonders.)