I was a bit indecisive about whether or not to post this recipe. Unless I’m going for the staple kinds of fried rice in Asian cuisine, I normally just mixed together a little bit of everything I have leftover. But I particularly liked the technique I used for this one. Every step adds its special touch of flavor.
1. Marinade cubed chicken for at least 20mins, dice vegetables, slice sausage, whisk egg.
2. Cook sausage for ~5mins, then scramble in the egg. Remove sausage and eggs onto plate.
3. Brown garlic for a minute then add enough water to coat bottom of pan.
4. Steam the vegetables for another minute and add in the rice to steam for 2mins. Remove the rice and vegetables onto the same plate.
5. Add a small dash of salt to everything. Stir fry the chicken for 3mins, then combine all the cooked ingredients together and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
I only had a handful of rice left in the refrigerator, but with all these ingredients combined, it made a perfectly sized serving portion!