Because I had leftover bean paste 😉
5 tbsp (all-purpose) flour
1/2 tbsp water
4 tbsp red bean paste
2 dashes of (black) sesame seeds
- In a small bowl/cup, lightly beat egg. Then stir in flour and water.
- In a medium-low heated pan, pour a bit of oil and use a paper towel to spread and absorb excess oil. Pour in thin layer of half the batter and cook for 2 mins on one side only, do not flip.
- Transfer pancake to a working surface. Spread 2 tbsp paste to the middle third of pancake, excluding 1 in of the edge. Fold in shorter edges and then longer edges, using a dab of batter to seal the pancake.
- In a pot, add enough oil to fry pancake. When heated, add pancake and fry until all sides are golden brown.
- Transfer pancake to a paper towel, Brush a bit of oil on top and sprinkle seeds.
- To serve, slice in half.
To form a bigger, thin pancake – When poured batter on pan, spread it with a spoon while turning the pan in a circular motion.