I was contemplating on whether or not to post this recipe because I have no idea if I like it enough to bake again. It definitely does not taste bad and is super moist. I believe pumpkin lovers will enjoy this.
Ingredients – Pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
dash of cinnamon (and ginger, nutmeg)
dash of salt
1 cup sugar
1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 stick butter
dash of vanilla extract
Ingredients – Streusel
2 tbsp butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
dash of cinnamon
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powder, soda, cinnamon, (ginger, nutmeg), salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and fold until well combined.
- Fill 3/4 of paper liners with batter.
- Use a fork to combine all ingredients until crumble forms. Sprinkle on top of the batter that is in the paper liners.
350F, bake for 20 mins, 15 muffins.
Make sure to not overfill the liners because the muffins “puff up.” When they do, you want the shape to remain in the liners so that the streusel topping stays in place.
– There will be extra of the streusel topping.
– I would prefer to use this recipe as the streusel topping instead. Since it does make a lot of the “streusel topping,” you can possibly save for later use.