Sorry I couldn’t come up with a better name. But who cares? You’ll have a (healthy) filling lunch in less than half an hour! This really takes about 10 mins to cook, and you can prep everything else ahead of time to store in the fridge.
corn starch (or flour)
- Chop tomatoes set aside in a bowl.
- Soak vermicelli and dried mushrooms with water, in a bowl, for at least 1 hr.
- In another bowl, marinade chicken: Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, starch/flour, sugar, and garlic. Mix everything in bowl until every chicken is coated with sauce. Set aside in refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- After soaking the dried mushrooms for a long while, chop them into bite-size pieces as well. Save the mushroom broth!
- Under medium heat, place chicken in pan for ~5 mins, covered. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and enough broth to cover bottom of pan. After ~5 mins, add vermicelli and cook until noodles are cooked through.
- Turn off heat and continue to cover the pan until most of the broth has been soaked up by the noodles, then plate.
Prep Time: 20 mins. Cook Time: 10 mins.