Everybody has there own version of fried rice. You can add whatever and as much as you like to the rice, and call it fried rice. So as you may or may not know, fried rice is best made with leftover rice. When I made this, I used freshly cooked rice, so did an extra step that’s listed in the directions.
corn starch (or flour)
Brown Rice (or any other kind of rice)
korean pickled radish
- Marinade chicken: Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and place in bowl. Add soy sauce, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and starch/flour. Mix everything in bowl until every chicken is coated with sauce. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Cook rice: Once it is done cooking, place in sieve and allow moisture to escape (set it aside).
- Chop radishes into triangular shapes.
- Under medium heat, in an oiled pan, fry scrambled eggs until half-way cooked. Add radishes and kimchi to eggs. Turn off heat when eggs are almost completely cooked. Add rice and mix everything that is in the pan.
- In a separate pan, add chicken and cover for ~5mins or until cooked, stir occasionally.
- Mix the chicken into the rest of the fried rice and serve.