I’m not a fan of muffins, but I think I’ll change my mind if it’s moist and cupcake-like, like these!
2 ripe bananas
4 1/2 tbsp melted butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup + 3 tsp milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 Empire apple
dash of cinnamon powder
3 ~ 4 handfuls chopped walnuts (optional)
(you can add any number of apples, and probably use a little less sugar if your banana is very ripe and sweet enough)
- Mash bananas. Add melted butter and mix. Then add sugar and egg, mix. Add milk, and mix!
- Combine flour, soda, powder, and salt.
- In four batches, lightly fold in flour mixture into the wet.
- Chop the apple(s) into bite-size pieces and coat with cinnamon.
- Fold the apples into the batter.
- Place paper liners into muffin tin and pour batter in. Sprinkle chopped walnuts or place a walnut on top.
350F, bake for 30 mins. 11 muffins.
– Refrigerate or freeze after 2 days.
– To reheat, microwave for 30 secs.