I was so close to messing this up…either I made a good save, or nothing was going to go wrong in the first place… Basically, I was afraid of the lumps in the egg mixture because the butter didn’t seem to combine well. That’s why I decided do some extra sieving. Most importantly though, final result had a touch of sweetness and was beyond moist.
~4 tbsp butter (unsalted)
3/4 cup + 2 tsp milk
dash of salt
4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
~4 strawberries, halved (frozen)
1 handful blueberries (frozen)
2 handfuls mixed berries (frozen)
(you can use any berries you like, frozen or fresh, this is just my combination…and p.s. i froze fresh berries)
- In one bowl, melt butter and let it cool for ~30 mins.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg lightly.
- Pour butter into egg. Then add milk, and whisk the mixture.
- In a third bowl, mix salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour. Then, sieve into another bowl.
- Sieve egg mixture into the middle of flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold until combined. Add berries and fold them into the mixture as well.
- Place paper liners into muffin tin and pour batter in. (Place a pan, filled half-way with water, on the rack underneath the muffins).
390F, bake for 20 mins. 9 muffins.
To reheat, microwave for 30 secs.