I don’t know about you, but I always struggled to bake a cookie that satisfied my taste. But I absolutely love this recipe. Soft, chewy inside, with a crispy, crunchy bottom. Don’t even think about skimping out on the chocolate chips! These cookies poof up like wonders, so it’ll definitely need this many chocolate chips.
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
dash of vanilla extract
~1 cup dark chocolate chips
~1 cup cinnamon chips
(you can use any kind of chocolate chips you like, this is just my combination)
- In one bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- While whisking, slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture. With a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into ~1 in. size balls and place on a greased cookie sheet pan ~2 in. apart. (These cookies “puff” while baking).
375F, bake for 12 mins. 24 cookies.
– Do not over-mix; once you see that the mixture is combined, stop mixing. If you’re afraid of over-mixing, switch from mixer to a spatula.
– Do not over-bake. It’s better to have a slightly under-cooked cookie because while it cools, it will continue baking. Whereas over-cooking it will be a tough cookie (no pun intended).
Definitely one of the easiest recipes to prep and bake. Easy clean-up is also a plus. You’ll have cookies ready in no time!